Recruitment of a performer from a haystack of good resumes
How to get selected in an Interview
JOB INTERVIEW TIPS
Not getting a Job? No vacancies anywhere for you?
Why are the companies not calling you for the interview? Even if they do, why are they rejecting you?
It may be that you are not doing a proper search for a fitting job? We have discussed in our next Blog on - "How to search for a fitting job". After reading this Blog, read the next Blog too to increase your knowledge.
But even if you do have a job interview, maybe you are not meeting the requirements of the company due to some minor faults at your end that can be easily rectified if you try.
Before ONI Executive Search Consultant guides you regards a good interview, let us discuss what the interviewer wants to ideally see in front of him. What are the qualities that his ideal candidate would possess?
THE SUCCESSFUL EXECUTIVE
The markets are down and the potential recruiter is going to be very careful about Executive Search in a down market.
Your Recruitment would depend upon your qualifying the selection criteria.
What is that which differentiates a successful Executive from a not so successful one.
** A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant maintains a Diary & always plans his/her day far in advance
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant has drawn out a Career Plan for his/her Lifetime which includes where he/she would be, at what age, at what salary and what would be his/her life style
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant ensures that such pre-planning helps him/her achieve the desired results in terms of set targets within the time frame that he/she has set for himself/herself.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Job Recruitment Consultant is assertive and is an excellent negotiator. He/she thus pushes his/her way up the ladder very fast.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant is always eager to learn both in theoretical and practical terms
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant is normally very particular about encouraging his/her team to do as above.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant is never afraid of being superseded by his/her juniors simply because he/ she is constantly reading up, increasing one's knowledge, increasing one's capability. Thus he/she is confident about his/her quality and capability
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant would be able to train his/her juniors amply to allow for subsequent delegation
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant would want to build up his/her juniors to be capable of replacing him/her while he/she moves upwards
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant is humane and understanding, firm with following a disciplined style of functioning that allows for control over expected performance.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant berates in private but praises in public
* A good candidate is good at keeping himself/herself physically fit and follows a fitness regime. This also helps one keep calm in times of great challenges in life.
** A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant has the courage to call a spade a spade and conveys the same packaged in a lot of humor & pleasant diplomacy.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant has the courage to own up regards mistakes made, ensures same is not repeated and designs damage control systems for such eventualities.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant would appreciate that his juniors are bound to make mistakes while they function and would teach them to design damage control systems for themselves.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant has the courage to protect his/her juniors from the wrath of his/her over enthusiastic seniors as well as that of the outside world
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant should be able to display leadership qualities through his/her actions & examples and thus earn the trust and respect of his/her team
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Recruitment Consultant would be privy to extremely personal hopes, aspirations, problems etc of each and every team member and help solve any personal problem within his/her limit.
* A good candidate shortlisted by a Jobs Recruitment Consultant would be a natural motivator and his/her team would want to be lead by him/her.
Does it make any difference ?
The individual's mind and body normally adjusts itself as per the desired speed of executing the scheduled tasks. This is true for the day and subsequently for ones whole life. For example, as you now know what the ideal candidate would be, you may want to imbibe a few of the above points to improve upon who you are today before a scheduled interview. You would be less nervous now than what you would be if you had not been prepared.
The interviewer expects you to be a professional and thus know the definition of his ideal candidate. His questions are centered as much around the knowledge relating to company in question and the service or product being offered by the same, as it is on the points enumerated above.
Males: It is but expected that you would appear for an interview with a fresh shirt and trousers, along with well polished shoes. If you feel a tie is important then do please wear a tie too. But do not appear for an interview in a shirt that you have been wearing for the past three days or more. Definitely do not wear flip flops(sandals or chappals).
Females: A smart Saree, or a Salwar Kameez, or even a shirt and trouser. Just ensure that your dress does not look too flashy or gaudy. Certainly do not wear flip flops. Wear anything that does not make too much of a sound like high heels do. And certainly practice wearing your shoe for some time as new shoes may twist your ankle if it slips on a polished floor.